HD-CR 43 NDT Digital Radiography System
At Exova we have installed a DÜRR NDT HD-CR 43 NDT Digital Radiography System.
At Exova we pride ourselves on offering unrivalled inspection solutions to our clients. In order to continue our diversification into new areas and improve the services on offer Exova has invested in a new digital radiography system from DÜRR NDT, Germany.
The computed radiography (CR) technology consists of a 3-step process.
The Image (storage) Plate (IP) is exposed with X-ray or Gamma radiation, which causes the IP phosphor layer in the plate to store the X-ray image. During the reading process of the plate in the scanner, a focused laser beam triggers the release of the stored image data in the form of visible light. The emitted light is detected, captured, and converted into electrical signals which are digitized and finally displayed as a digital image on the PC monitor. The internal in-line eraser purges the residual data from the IP, which is then ready for the next exposure.
The HD-CR 43 NDT scanner gives the user the choice to select a 20 μm scan resolution for weld inspection, or 100 μm scan resolution for a CUI application where speed and a short exposure really are the prime requirements. The step less scan resolution ensures that the correct settings can be set to suit the application and inspection needs.
The system has the following features HD-CR 43 NDT Automatic Image Plate Scanner
- Highest efficiency, on smallest foot print.
- Individually set to meet customers’ requirements
- Best resolution step less adjustment from 2.5Lp/mm to 20Lp/mm (12.5µm - 200µm resolution)
- Adaptive erasing as part of the cycle
- Isolated Air duct for cooling of LED erase unit.
- Fully automatic
- No dark room, no water, no chemicals
- 16 Bit grey level resolution (65,536 grey levels)
- Max through put up to 68 cassettes per hour. (depending upon size and scan resolution)
- Long lasting sturdy rigid cassettes
- Operates with the well proven D-Tect software providing a wide range of functions and tools.
- Ability so save images in a wide variety of formats; Jpeg, Bitmap, Tiff, etc.
- High resolution Images displayed on a 3MP TFT Colour monitor. (3mega pixel Thin Film Transistor)
- This compliments our existing X-ray and Gamma radiography facilities
Authorized DÜRR NDT dealer